- Blood sugar
- CBC with differential
- LDH, haptoglobin, reticulocyte
- MetHb level
- Urine drug screen
- Supportive care
- Dextrose boluses/infusions
- High dose pyridoxine for refractory seizures (5g IV initially)
- Avoid phenobarbital, especially in liver failure
- Methylene blue for severe methemoglobinemia
- Folinic acid (leucovorin) supplementation (hydrazines inhibit MTHF production)
- Liver transplant for refractory hepatic failure
- Brozen R et al. Gyromitra Mushroom Toxicity. Apr 14, 2015. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/817931-treatment#showall.
- Tomková J, Ondra P, Válka I. Simultaneous determination of mushroom toxins α-amanitin, β-amanitin and muscarine in human urine by solid-phase extraction and ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography coupled with ultra-high-resolution TOF mass spectrometry. Forensic Sci Int. 2015 Jun. 251:209-13.
- Diaz JH. Syndromic diagnosis and management of confirmed mushroom poisonings. Crit Care Med. 2005 Feb. 33(2):427-36.
- Berger KJ, Guss DA. Mycotoxins revisited: Part II. J Emerg Med. 2005;28(2):175.