- Contain toxin Orellanine
- Cortinarius rainierensis in America
- C. orellanus or C. speciosissimus in Europe
- Headache, chills, malaise, nausea and vomiting over days
- Can see delayed renal failure 1-3 weeks after exposure
- Urinalysis with microscopy
- Urine electrolytes
- Urine eosinophils
- If renal failure from mushroom exposure, recovery can take several weeks
- May need temporary hemodialysis
- Diaz JH. Syndromic diagnosis and management of confirmed mushroom poisonings. Crit Care Med. 2005 Feb. 33(2):427-36.
- Karlson-Stiber C, Persson H: Cytotoxic fungi—An overview. Toxicon 2003; 42:339–349.
- Danel VC, Saviuc PF, Garon D: Main features of Cortinarius spp. poisoning: A literature review. Toxicon 2001; 39:1053–1060.