Acute myeloid leukemia
- AKA Acute myelogenous leukemia or non-lymphocytic leukemia
- Most common acute leukemia in adults (around 80% of cases)
- 65 yo median age of diagnosis, Male:Female 5:3
- Characterized by clonal proliferation of myeloid precursors(blast cells >20% in the periphery)
- Janz TG, Hamilton GC: Anemia, Polycythemia and White Blood Cell Disorders, in Marx JA, Hockberger RS, Walls RM, et al (eds): Rosen’s Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice, ed 8. St. Louis, Mosby, Inc., 2014, (Ch) 121:p 1586-1605.