MICROPHONE - How is this PIN actually called?


I have a Yeti Blue mic that I am now setting up. I got the 3/8 to 5/8 thread adapter, but the mic is just too high up the horizontal boom arm, so I actually wanted to drop it down a bit.

I was thinking to get a longer "PIN" that the 3/8 adapter feeds into, but I have NO IDEA how that thing is called. Spent some time researching, but I must not be using the right term for it.

Here is the image:

Mic Pin


Posted 2019-07-23T15:41:27.893

Reputation: 1

A picture might be worth 1000 words for this one. Often the trick is to just invert the mic, but I can't see how you have it set up or which bit you mean. – Tetsujin – 2019-07-23T15:45:29.407

Here is the image, https://www.screencast.com/t/vWfUGqSz

– arthurzee – 2019-07-23T19:11:56.797

1Sorry, I have no idea what that is, nor how it would fit into your setup - we're missing the big picture of exactly what you're trying to achieve... we're only getting what you think you need to do to achieve it. – Tetsujin – 2019-07-24T07:58:06.127

so, this is the microphone you're talking about? https://www.bluedesigns.com/products/yeti/ And you've replaced the stand with a boom? A photo of your mic in its assembled state would help.

– Hobbes – 2019-07-24T10:19:48.703

No answers