I'd like to provide some interesting facts. They're her in no particular order:
Most people who express an opinion on this subject have never read the Constitution. It's far easier to spruik about it than read it. You can even believe we have a democracy, which we don't.
The Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act, 1900 is United Kingdom leg-islation, not Australian. We have no control over it while that's the case.
- Under the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act, 1900 sovereignty rests with the Queen and not with the Australian people. That's still true today after all the pretend 'changes' like The Australia Act of 1986.
- Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ire-land is appointed to Her position as Queen by the U.K. Parliament. We have no say in what she is. The British passed an Australia Act to lend us--I say lend us, not give us--what we think we own in the Queen of Australia.
- Clause 8 of the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act, 1900 describes the Commonwealth of Australia as a colony. Nothing has really made that any different.
- Under ‘Australia’s’ Constitution all Australian politicians, judges, lawyers and many others must swear allegiance to a Sovereignty that has not existed for more than 86 years. It doesn't seem to bother anyone. least of all the ignorant people who've never read the Constitution.
- The ‘Australian’ Constitution – being a colonial Act of the U.K. Parliament – does not contain any elements of civil rights (such as; the right to private property, freedom of expression and freedom of movement, etc). We're little better than serfs.
- Under the ‘Australian’ Constitution the unelected Governor-General is com-mander in chief of the Australian military forces and that he holds this position because he is the Queen’s representative, not ours. We don't get so much as a look in.
- Australia is the only O.E.C.D. nation not to have a constitutionally enforceable Bill of Rights. That fact escapes the nongs yabbering away in defence of the autocratic Monarchy.
- In the years 1973, 1983, 1985 and 1986 the Federal Parliament of the Common-wealth of Australia consistently rejected Bills of Rights for the Australian people and consequently have denied Australian citizens even the fundamental human rights enshrined in the U.N.’s International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights 1966; although the Australian government was a signatory to that Covenant. Now why would they do that if they were loyal to those who voted for them? Because the voters count for nothing. It's just that they don't seem to mind or they would have done something about it. Wouldn't they? No. That's not on the cards.
- Un-enacted British law (common law) continues to be applied in Australian courts even though those to whom it is applied are denied all entitlements under British law (and this situation can apply to tourists to Australia).
I just thought you ought to know the shit you're in so you won't get too excited about defending a Monarchy that the local politicians have used consistently since 1919 to undermine democracy in Australia. What happened in 1919? We lost 50,000 of our finest men in a war between two cousins, the Kings of England and the Kaiser (King) of Germany. That blood sacrifice earned us independence and sovereignty. Prime Minister Billy Hughes came back from the Versailles Conference to tell us the good news and the bulk of the Parliament in Melbourne dumped on him. They didn't want to cut the apron strings. They were cut alright, but from that day on our politicians have treasonously passed crap legislation to show that we were still connected to Britain. We weren't, or we wouldn't have been allowed to join the League of Nations or the UN. The truth of all this will come out in a real Republic Debate. That's why the Monarchists are still doing all they can to scuttle it. The Monarchists in Australia are traitors to the Australian people, but so far it hasn't bothered the average Australian serf, and it certainly doesn't bother Monarchists who profit very nicely from the farce we call Democratic Australia. But it will. In time, when the bullshit ceases to work its magic. IT WILL.