I have read somewhere that Epicurus introduced (English author, I can provide the full details), among others:
- A moral code of values of integrity, serenity and peaceful acceptance to life
- Acceptance of the existence of other forms of life, like extra-terrestrial
- Notions of DNA, evolution theory, atom theory
- Acceptance of the concept of alternate worlds, relativity of space and time
- Acceptance of the heliocentric astronomical system
- Respect to all religions but denial of all fanatics and the involvement of deities to human life
and that the Epicurians affected modern thought in a degree up to influencing the constitution of the United States and France.
If those are true, isnt Epicurus the greatest thinker of all time, in moral and scientific fields?
Any feednack will be greatly appreciated.