I was wondering whether there was sufficient prior art for some of the patents that Microsoft is with Android device manufacturers? Most of those seem to have been resolved under NDA, but here's some information from the Barnes & Noble case and the just-completed Motorola case in Germany.
- #US7,411,582: "Soft input panel system and method", Issued Aug 12, 2008
- #US6,891,551: “Selection handles in editing electronic documents.” Issued May 10, 2005
- #US5,778,372: “Remote retrieval and display management of electronic document with incorporated images.” Issued July 7, 1998.
- #US6,957,233: “Method and apparatus for capturing and rendering annotations for non-modifiable electronic content.” Issued Oct. 18, 2005.
- #US7,411,582: "Soft input panel system and method." Issue date: Aug 12, 2008