John Kelly or John W Kelly was born in Ireland about 1833.
- He likely immigrated prior to 1855 and married Mary Ling (also Irish) after arriving in the US.
- By 1860 he was a Teamster in Battle Creek, Michigan and may also have worked for Grand Trunk RR.
- He died 01 Sep. 1884.
- He had several children, all born in the US.
- Michael b 1857,
- Ella b 1863,
- Mary b act 1855 and
- possibly William b 1869.
Three ships carried a John Kelly of about the correct age:
- ABRABIAN left Liverpool on 18 Jun 1846
- RAPPAHANOCK left Liverpool on 11 Nov 1846
- FLORDIAN left Londonderry on 24 May 1847
How can I be certain of the US immigration record for my GGG Grandfather, John Kelly, so that I can trace his earlier life?