Using FindMyPast.co.uk I searched for any records with name Albert Augur (and variants) born in 1845 +/- 5 years at Bermondsey and two were found:
- Albert Agur is in the 1871 census living as a Lodger (aged 21, born in Surrey) in the household of George Smith at Alice Street in the parish of St Mary Magdalen Bermondsey.
- Albert Augur married either Louisa Ann Turner or Emma Winter in the 3rd Quarter of 1878 in the district of St Olave Southwark
I think both of these records appear to be likely matches for the man you seek.
Also of interest, from Ancestry.com, may be three certificates for Albert Augur in the
All UK and Ireland, Masters and Mates Certificates, 1850-1927 which all say that he was born in Maidenhead, Berkshire, England:
- Second Mate on 16 Oct 1863 at London, aged 20
- Only Mate on 8 Feb 1872 at Dundee, aged 29
- Master on 11 Mar 1876 at London, aged 33
These records are consistent with this Albert Augur being born about 1843 at Maidenhead.
I think these records probably all belong to the same man and that the 1871 Census recording of him being born in Surrey (and his age there) may be considered less reliable than the information on the certificates.
Going back to FindMyPast and searching for Albert Augur born about 1843 at Maidenhead reveals him (aged 7, born about 1844 at Maidenhead) in the 1851 Census at Folly Hill, Cookham, Berkshire, England living with his parents John (Shoemaker, Employing 14 Men) and Henrietta, and four siblings.