Name of this type of cross variable interaction Plot


In recent papers of Social Network Analysis , I have been observing this particular type of graph used increasingly. I looked for what they are called to replicate the graph, but couldn't find the name of it?

enter image description here

Plot Reference is here:

Bots increase exposure to negative and inflammatory content in online social systems

Pujan Paudel

Posted 2019-03-18T12:06:18.723

Reputation: 43

I do not know any special name for this. It just looks like a network diagram. It would not be hard to make a graph like this with the igraph package. Would an example from igraph be helpful? – G5W – 2019-03-20T21:32:39.047

Sure , How do I draw one using igraph ? – Pujan Paudel – 2019-03-20T22:18:32.763



Here is python code to make a pretty good match for your picture.

from igraph import * 

AM = [[1,3,1,0], [3,7,3,0], [0,1,9,1], [0,1,3,1]]

g = Graph.Weighted_Adjacency(AM)

g.vs["color"] = ["red", "blue", "blue", "red"]
g.vs["size"] = [30,40,40,30]["width"] = [2,5,2,5,9,5,2,13,2,2,5,2]["color"] = ["#FF000066", "#FF000066", "#FF000066", 
    "#0000FF66", "#0000FF66", "#0000FF66", 
    "#0000FF66", "#0000FF66", "#0000FF66", 
    "#FF000066", "#FF000066", "#FF000066"]["curved"] = [0.2, 0.2, 0.0, 0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 
        0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 0.0, 0.2, 0.2]

LO = [[0.0,1.0], [0.0,0.0], [1.0,0.0], [1.0,1.0]]

plot(g, layout=LO,  margin=150)

Network diagram


Posted 2019-03-18T12:06:18.723

Reputation: 283