I recently saw a cool feature that was once available in Google Sheets: you start by writing a few related keywords in consecutive cells, say: "blue", "green", "yellow", and it automatically generates similar keywords (in this case, other colors). See more examples in this YouTube video.
I would like to reproduce this in my own program. I'm thinking of using Freebase, and it would work like this intuitively:
- Retrieve the list of given words in Freebase;
- Find their "common denominator(s)" and construct a distance metric based on this;
- Rank other concepts based on their "distance" to the original keywords;
- Display the next closest concepts.
As I'm not familiar with this area, my questions are:
- Is there a better way to do this?
- What tools are available for each step?