Naftalan is in Ganja Region.
Naftalan city is a well-known petroleum spa resort, the center of medical tourism in Azerbaijan. There is a unique naftalan oil in Naftalan that has no analogues in the world. It is a viscous liquid with distinguished black-brown and brown color and a specific odor. The uniqueness and high efficiency of naftalan oil is confirmed by numerous scientific studies and more than 100 years of experience in treatment of various diseases.
As a resort Naftalan is known since 1926, when there appeared specialized recreational and health places around the field. Patients from all over the Soviet Union came here. Today Naftalan is a modern center of leisure and health, organically combining the natural factors, achievements of resort medicine, European comfort, Azerbaijani hospitality and affordable prices on tours.
As a part of a large state program of Naftalan’s recovery there were four sanatoriums of European standards built there and three more are in the process of construction. Among the known objects are: medical-prophylactic center Chinar Hotel & Spa, health center “Naftalan”, sanatorium “Gashalty” and others.
It is located 330 km west of Baku and 50 km away from Ganja, the second largest city in the country.
Naftalan Hava Limani serves private flights to the town.
From M2 highway take a turn to R25
Town is very small, so it can be easely explored on foot.
Chinar Hotel & SPA has its own privat art collection. Here is what you can try during breaks between spa sessions and outside "resort walls':
- Qoltuqağacı muzeyi (Museum of crutches). Only crutches museum in the world. Here you can see hundreds of crutches of various designs and sizes. They are left here and signed by those who on arrival at the resort could not walk without crutches.
- 1 Tarix-Diyarşünaslıq muzeyi (Museum of History and Regional Studies), AZ4600,Naftalan,Naftalan,Şirvan, dalan 1. The following topics are among those presented in the exhibition of Naftalan Museum of History and Regional Studies: flora and fauna of the region, minerals, geology of the land, the origin and the history of the city, ethnography, numismatics and the development of the city as a health resort.
- 1 Heydər Əliyev Muzeyi (Heydar Aliyev Museum), Shikhali Gurbanov Str., Naftalan (within central park). Established in 2006, the museum contains more than 200 photographs and exhibits representing the life and works of the "national leader" Heydar Aliyev. Among those is a decree, issued by the "great leader" in 1982, on the developing Naftalan as the resort city.
- 1 Heydər Əliyev parkı (Heydar Aliyev Park).
Exhibitions and events
- 1 Heydər Əliyev Mərkəzi (Heydar Aliyev Center), Heydar Aliyev Park. All main top events host here. Conference hall with 120 seats, electronic library, courses in foreign languages, a computer room, an art gallery, and a small conference room. Free admission.
People visit Naftalan to improve their health. So the oil-spa is the must to do thing. Sanatoriums and Spa-Hotels are on high level, so you will definetelly enjoy your time.
All top restaurants locating in Spa Hotels and Sanatoriums. However, there are some nice places outsite resort zone.
Most of Spa Hotels and Sanatoriums have bars and night-clubs for guests.