- ↑ Robin Miller citing Michael Palumbo's The Palestinian Catastrophe: The ۱۹۴۸ Expulsion of a People from Their Homeland, London: Faber and Faber, ۱۹۸۷, p. ۱۱۹, (original relies on reports filed by Lieutenant Petite, a U.N. observer from France, stored at UNA (United Nations Archives) ۱۳/۳٫۳٫۱, box ۱۳.
- ↑ Robert Fearn. Amoral America. 424. ISBN 1553831578.
- ↑ Yoav Gelber, Palestine ۱۹۴۸, Appendix II«Certainly, [Deir Yassin] was not the bloodiest massacre of the war. The killing of... ۲۵۰ Arabs during the occupation of Lydda and its aftermath were more extensive by far.»
- ↑ Neff, Donald. Expulsion of the Palestinians—Lydda and Ramleh in ۱۹۴۸. . Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, July/August 1994. Retrieved on 2007-09-12. «Quite a few refugees died—from exhaustion, dehydration and disease—along the roads eastwards, from Lydda and Ramleh, before reaching temporary rest near and in Ramallah. Nimr Khatib put the death toll among the Lydda refugees during the trek eastward at ۳۳۵»
- 1 2 James L. Gelvin. The Israel-Palestine Conflict: One Hundred Years of War. Cambridge University Press, 2005. 137. ISBN 0521852897.
- ↑ Rantisi, Audeh. The Lydda Death March. . Americans for Middle East Understanding, July - August 2000. Retrieved on 2007-09-12.
- ↑ Lydda. . Leicestershire Holy Land Appeal. Retrieved on 2007-09-12. "Israeli soldiers moved into Lydda,... on ۱۱th July, ۱۹۴۸. ۱۹٬۰۰۰ Palestinians lived in Lydda but its population had been swollen by refugees from Jaffa and from outlying villages to about ۴۰٬۰۰۰.
Palestinians taken prisoner were executed in the Dahmash Mosque. The people were forced to leave the town, usually without most of their belongings. Some who were slow to hand over valuables to the Israeli soldiers were killed.
This was during a very hot summer. Temperatures reached ۴۰ degrees Celsius. The refugees were short of water. It was three days before they reached safety near Ramallah. By then at least ۳۵۰ had died of thirst or exhaustion."
- ↑ Morris, Benny. “Chapter ۴: The third wave”. In The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge, UK ; New York: انتشارات دانشگاه کمبریج, 2004. page 215. ISBN 0-521-81120-1; ISBN 0-521-00967-7 (pbk.).
- ↑ Robin Miller citing Benny Morris' The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem, ۱۹۴۷-۱۹۴۹, Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge University Press, ۱۹۸۷, p. ۲۲۹ & Michael Palumbo's The Palestinian Catastrophe: The ۱۹۴۸ Expulsion of a People from Their Homeland, London: Faber and Faber, ۱۹۸۷, p. ۱۶۴.
- ↑ Robin Miller citing Michael Palumbo’s The Palestinian Catastrophe: The ۱۹۴۸ Expulsion of a People from Their Homeland, London: Faber and Faber, ۱۹۸۷, p. ۱۷۱ & Nafez Nazzal’s The Palestinian Exodus from Galilee ۱۹۴۸, Beirut: The Institute for Palestinian Studies, ۱۹۷۸ pp. ۹۰-۹۳