Yardville, New Jersey
|Yardville, New Jersey|
Along South Broad Street (CR 672)
Location in Mercer County and the state of New Jersey.
|Coordinates: 40°11′12″N 74°39′47″W / 40.186645°N 74.66308°WCoordinates: 40°11′12″N 74°39′47″W / 40.186645°N 74.66308°W|
|• Total||4.074 sq mi (10.551 km2)|
|• Land||4.051 sq mi (10.492 km2)|
|• Water||0.023 sq mi (0.059 km2) 0.56%|
|Elevation||59 ft (18 m)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|• Density||1,773.9/sq mi (684.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern (EDT) (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||02633183|
Yardville is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Hamilton Township, in Mercer County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDP's population was 2,945. Before the 2010 Census, the area was part of the Yardville-Groveville CDP, which was split into two CDPs, Yardville and Groveville.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 4.074 square miles (10.551 km2), including 4.051 square miles (10.492 km2) of land and 0.023 square miles (0.059 km2) of water (0.56%).
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 7,186 people, 2,757 households, and 2,048 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,773.9 per square mile (684.9/km2). There were 2,841 housing units at an average density of 701.3 per square mile (270.8/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 92.93% (6,678) White, 2.80% (201) Black or African American, 0.07% (5) Native American, 2.34% (168) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 1.00% (72) from other races, and 0.86% (62) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.31% (310) of the population.
There were 2,757 households out of which 28.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.2% were married couples living together, 9.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.7% were non-families. 21.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 9.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.60 and the average family size was 3.03.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 20.0% under the age of 18, 7.8% from 18 to 24, 23.5% from 25 to 44, 32.5% from 45 to 64, and 16.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44.3 years. For every 100 females there were 96.5 males. For every 100 females ages 18 and older there were 91.6 males.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yardville, New Jersey.|
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Yardville Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed November 20, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Yardville CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed November 20, 2012.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed April 19, 2015.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), P. III-4. United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed November 20, 2012. "Mercer County—Name Changes: Robbinsville township name changed from Washington; New CDPs: Groveville (formed from part of deleted Yardville-Groveville CDP and additional area), Hamilton Square (formed from part of deleted Mercerville-Hamilton Square CDP and additional area), Mercerville (formed from part of deleted Mercerville-Hamilton Square CDP), Robbinsville, and Yardville (formed from part of deleted Yardville-Groveville CDP and additional area)"
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.