The front cover of "Wasā'il al-Shīʿa"
|Author||Shaikh al-Hur al-Aamili|
|Part of a series on|
Wasā'il al-Shīʿa (Arabic: وسائل الشيعة) is a reputable book of hadith in Shia Islam, compiled in the 17th century by Shaikh al-Hur al-Aamili. Shaikh Al-Hur wrote two editions of this book, ahl al-bayt which is a 30 volume long edition of it, and Al-Islamiyyah which is 20 volumes long.
Wasā'il al-Shīʿa was authored by Al-Hurr al-Aamili based on The Four Books (Kitab al-Kafi, Man la yahduruhu al-Faqih, Al-Istibsar, Tahdhib al-Ahkam) and major shia sources. Moḥammad b. Ḥasan b. ʿAlī Mašḡarī was known as Ḥorr-e ʿĀmelī and born at village, al-Mašḡara, in Jabal ʿĀmel (southern Lebanon). He was one of the dominan t sha Hadith scholars. His other works were al-Jawāher al-saniya fi’l-aḥādiṯ al-qodsiya that was the first source collelcet of scared Hadith (Hadith Qudsi), Eṯbāt al-hodāt be-l-noṣuṣ wa’l-moʿjezāt that is about Imamah.
Book Wasā'il al-Shī'a One of the most comprehensive books to transport Shia narrations. That according to the tradition of the Islamic prophet Muhammad and that according to the tradition of Muhammad and the imams in recent centuries Whitby. This book contains about 36 thousand stories about religious orders, Obligations, Discretions, The narratives taken from Shia authentic hadith collections And the companions of the Prophet Muhammad.
Commentaries & Translations
- The author himself started writing commentary Tahreer Wasael ush-Shia of the book, and one volume was publicized.
- Shaikh Muhammad Razi Qazvini wrote a shar'ah.
- Shaikh Muhammad Suleman Muqabi wrote a shar'ah named Majma ul-Ahkam
- Grand Ayatollah Muhammad Hussain Najafi Usuli translated the book into Urdu, named Masael ush-Sharia.
Value and Credibility
Writing the Wasā'il al-Shīʿa has been of interest to scholars and Shiite authorities.And at this time the main elements of interpretation of religious orders and seminaries Shiite Ijtihad considered And in all lessons Fiqh validity is quoted and cited."
Between 11th-17th centuries many Hadith's collection was prepared that the most famous of them were Bihar al-Anwar of Allama Majlisi, Wasā'il al-Shīʿa of Al-Hurr al-Aamili and al-Safi fi Tafsir Kalam Allah al-Wafi of Mohsen Fayz Kashani.
- "al-Ḥurral-ʿĀmilī," G. Scarcia. http://www.brillonline.nl/subscriber/entry?entry=islam_SIM-2969
- Asher, Meir M. Bar. "ḤORR-E ʿĀMELI". ENCYCLOPÆDIA IRANICA. Retrieved 2004. Check date values in:
- Suleiman, Yasir (2010). Living Islamic History: Studies in Honour of Professor Carole Hillenbrand. Edinburgh University Press. ISBN 978-0748637386.
- Murata, Sachiko. "Temporary Marriage in Islamic Law". Al-Islam. Ansariyan Publications - Qum.
- 40 Ahadith Regarding Azadari. shiastudies.
- Ayatollah Sobhani, Jafar; Shah Kazemi, Reza (2001). Doctrines of Shi`i Islam: A Compendium of Imami Beliefs and Practices. I. B. Tauris. ISBN 978-1860647802.