|The Child Martyr|
Coptic Orthodox Church|
Coptic Catholic Church
|Patronage||patron saint of lost things|
Life and Martyrdom
St Wanas was an only son and a servant in the church. He lived during a period of persecution under the Romans. He became known as a fearless and wise speaker who helped people to adhere to the Christian faith. Consequently, the Roman Governor Arianus of Alexandria (who later became a Christian martyr himself) was displeased when he heard of this saint. Arianus was the Roman ruler Roman of Ansena (Antinopolis), . He sent soldiers with orders to make him abandon his faith. The child refused so the governor ordered him to be tortured by cutting off his head. That was on 16 Hathor. He was martyred during the same period as other child martyrs such as Saint Abanoub.
Other People Named Wanas
- Bishop Wanas
- Saint Wanas of Luxor (Bishop Youannis (John))
- "الاقباط متحدون". copts-united.com. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- 3A DIGITAL. "غدا اﻻحتفال بعيد القديس أنبا ونس – Page 397415 – وطنى". wataninet.com. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "موضوع كامل عن القديس الأنبا ونس". saintmarychurchinkaf.alhamuntada.com. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "قصة الانبا ونس". elmanhry.mam9.com. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "سيرة القديس الشهيد الانبا ونس الاقصرى st anba wanas". whitemonastery.yoo7.com. Retrieved 2018-01-15.