WWE 205 Live
|WWE 205 Live|
Paul "Triple H" Levesque
|Starring||205 Live roster|
"Hail the Crown" by CFO$ featuring From Ashes to New|
"Legend" by CFO$ featuring Moosh and Twist (Bumper)
"Take a Stand" by CFO$ (Bumper)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||91 (as of August 28, 2018 )|
|Camera setup||Multicamera setup|
60 minutes (November 29, 2016 - January 9, 2018, January 23 - present)|
30 minutes (January 16, 2018)
|Original network||WWE Network (2016 – present)|
|Original release||November 29, 2016 – present|
WWE 205 Live, or simply 205 Live, is a professional wrestling web television program produced by WWE, which features the promotion's cruiserweight division, wherein all participants are billed at a maximum weight of 205 lbs.
The show premiered on the WWE Network on November 29, 2016, and airs weekly on the service following SmackDown Live on Tuesday night. Talking Smack, which previously held the 10:00pm eastern time slot, moved to 11:00pm eastern following the debut of 205 Live until Talking Smack's cancellation in July 2017.
205 Live was established following the success of the Cruiserweight Classic tournament, to feature those who competed in the tournament and others who have become full-time members of WWE's cruiserweight division. Paul "Triple H" Levesque, WWE executive producer and wrestler, stated the program is designed to serve as a showcase for the division, with its own distinctive feel and style compared to other WWE programming.
The Raw brand was originally established as the exclusive home of the division during the 2016 brand extension, with all cruiserweights being drafted to Raw during the 2016 WWE draft. Following the premiere of 205 Live, the cruiserweight wrestlers appear on both Raw and 205 Live, as well as making occasional appearances on NXT.
On November 7, 2017, The United Kingdom Division was invited to 205 Live. This would be the main roster debuts of most of the UK Division with the exception of Pete Dunne, who debuted the previous night on Raw.
In January 2018, Triple H took over the creative side of 205 Live. The first of the changes under Triple H was announced on January 23, with Daniel Bryan announcing that the first 205 Live general manager would be announced the following week. The GM was revealed to be Drake Maverick (formerly known as "Rockstar Spud" from Impact Wrestling). He announced a 16-man tournament for the vacant WWE Cruiserweight Championship, which was won by Cedric Alexander. Starting in late May, WWE's cruiserweight division began to wrestle exclusively on 205 Live and ceased to appear on Raw.
On September 14, 2016, Triple H announced that the winner of the final tournament in Cruiserweight Classic would not only receive a trophy, but will receive a WWE Cruiserweight Championship for the cruiserweight division on the Raw brand. Originally the title was defended exclusively on Monday Night Raw, but on November 29, 2016, 205 Live was launched for the cruiserweight division meaning that the title will defended on both Raw and 205 Live.
|Authority figure||Postion||Date started||Date finished||Notes|
|Drake Maverick||General Manager||January 30, 2018||present||Daniel Bryan announced Maverick as the new General Manager of the cruiserweight division on the January 30, 2018 episode of 205 Live.|
|Mauro Ranallo, Corey Graves and Austin Aries||November 29, 2016 – February 28, 2017|
|Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves||March 7, 2017|
|Tom Phillips and Corey Graves||March 14, 2017 – June 6, 2017|
|Vic Joseph and Corey Graves||June 13, 2017 – August 29, 2017|
|Vic Joseph and Nigel McGuinness||September 5, 2017 – April 3, 2018|
|Vic Joseph and Byron Saxton||September 26, 2017|
|Vic Joseph and Percy Watson||April 10, 2018 – April 17, 2018|
|Vic Joseph, Nigel McGuinness and Percy Watson||April 24, 2018 – present|
|Tom Phillips and Percy Watson||June 19, 2018|
|Vic Joseph, Nigel McGuinness, Percy Watson and Wale||August 21, 2018|
|Greg Hamilton||November 29, 2016 – present||Ring announcer for SmackDown Live|
- "Hail the Crown". iTunes. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
- "Legend". iTunes. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
- Staff, WWE.com. "205 Live premieres Nov. 29 on WWE Network". WWE.com. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- Atkin, Nicolas. "WWE announces new '205 Live' Cruiserweight show". ESPN. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- Schwartz, Nick. "WWE is launching a weekly cruiserweight division show called '205 Live'". Fox Sports. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- Namako, Jason. "WWE announces new "205 Live" weekly Cruiserweight show on WWE Network beginning on November 29". Wrestleview. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- Csonka, Larry. "Triple H Conference Call Report: Discusses 205 Live, NXT Takeover: Toronto, Says HBK Working at the Performance Center and More". 411Mania.com. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
He was asked how tough it will be to make a new show in 205 stand out. H said that the talent and style will make it distinctive. He said that you will get to see them showcase their talent there. He referenced the Cruiserweight Classic and he said he would try and give it the feel that it had. He said that WWE does have a lot of programming, for sure.
- "Rich Swann def. The Brian Kendrick to become the new and third WWE Cruiserweight Champion". WWE.com. Retrieved 2016-11-30.
- "Vince McMahon Steps Aside And Puts Triple H In Charge Of 'WWE 205 Live' - WrestlingInc.com". Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- "205 Live results: A GM to be announced next week". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- "WHY 205 LIVE STARS DISAPPEARED OFF RAW, WHY IMPACT CONTRACTED TALENTS CAN WRESTLE ANYWHERE AND MORE". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved 28 June 2018.
- "WWE 205 Live preview, Aug. 21, 2018: Noam Dar and TJP look to settle the score". WWE. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to WWE 205 Live.|