|Slogan||Covering South Georgia's Local News and Events|
Digital: 22 (UHF)|
(to move to 34 (UHF))
Virtual: 22 (PSIP)
Sunbelt-South Telecommunications, Ltd.|
(sale to Marquee Broadcasting pending)
|First air date||May 22, 1989|
|Call letters' meaning||
|Former channel number(s)||
55 (UHF, 1989–2009)
51 (UHF, 2009-2016)
66.2 kW (CP)
|Height||111 m (364 ft)|
|Transmitter coordinates||31°53′36″N 83°48′18″W / 31.89333°N 83.80500°W|
|Public license information:||
WSST-TV, virtual and UHF digital channel 22, is an independent television station licensed to Cordele, Georgia, United States. The station is locally owned by Sunbelt-South Communications, Ltd. WSST's studios are located on 7th Street and 11th Avenue in downtown Cordele, and its transmitter is located in rural southwestern Crisp County.
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|22.1||480i||4:3||WSST DT||Main WSST-TV programming|
WSST-TV's digital transmitter facilities had operated at low power for several years, due to Sunbelt-South Telecommunications, Ltd. being involved in bankruptcy proceedings. The station discontinued regular programming on its analog signal, over UHF channel 55, on April 15, 2009. The station's digital signal broadcast on its pre-transition UHF channel 51. The station moved to channel 22 in early 2017.
WSST produces South Georgia Sunrise a 2½-hour morning news and talk program, airing weekdays at 6:00 a.m. and a half-hour evening newscast at 6:00 p.m. The station also produces Midday Magazine, an hour-long talk and lifestyle program that airs weekdays at 12:00 p.m.
- Lane, Brian J. (June 12, 2018). "Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved June 14, 2018.
- "Marquee Broadcasting acquires WSST". Cordele Dispatch. Retrieved July 19, 2018.
- RabbitEars TV Query for WSST
- "DTV Tentative Channel Designations for the First and Second Rounds" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-08-29. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 9, 2010. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- "Channel 22 License to cover".
- Official website
- Query the FCC's TV station database for WSST
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on WSST-TV