|Launched||10 December 2007|
Altice (80 %) |
Discovery Networks CEEMEA (20 %)
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Slogan||Le bien-être des femmes au quotidien|
Vivolta is a French pay-tv-channel devoted to the art of living launched on December 10, 2007.
Created by Philippe Gildas and Gaspard de Chavagnac, the channel was published by Télévista. Initially named Vista, the channel had to change its name before its launch, due to a copyright dispute with the Microsoft giant for its Windows Vista software.
When it was launched, Vivolta targeted the senior public segment (50 to 65 years), considered to be more mobile than other age groups. Faced with the lack of audience, the programming is entirely revised to orientate since April 2010, towards a younger and more feminine audience.
In March 2012, Discovery Networks International France took a 20% stake in Televista to accompany the latter in its bid to obtain a TNT (Télévision numérique terrestre en France) frequency and in strengthening the Vivolta channel.
From 2010 to 2012, her programming dealt with practical and everyday questions about family, couple, well-being, psychology, home, cooking. Her heart targets women aged 25 to 49. Since September 2012, Vivolta has evolved its programming into lifestyle entertainment programs.
It was initially exclusive on CanalSat and Numericable until 2011 when it arrives at ADSL operators. Having very bad audiences, it ceased broadcasting on satellite and on Canalsat on 31 March 2014. It is no longer broadcast on SFR since 4 May 2015.
- (in French) « La nouvelle chaîne de Gildas s'appellera "Vivolta" » sur le blog de Jean-Marc Morandini, le 5
- Pas de TeleVista pour Gildas mais Vivolta - Génération-NT, 6 novembre 2007
- (in French) Serge Guérin « De "Notre Temps" à Vivolta" : de la segmentation à la représentation » Archived 2013-06-06 at the Wayback Machine., sur le site de la Revue Medias, 5 September
- (in French) « Vivolta ne sera plus une chaîne "séniors" mais "féminine" » sur le blog de Jean-Marc Morandini, le 31 mars 2010
- (in French) sa/501007256200812311501007256200712311.html « Télévista sa : Comptes Sociaux 2010 » sur le site societe.com, données d'5 September
- "Disparition de Vivolta sur CanalSat". communaute-espaceclient.canal-plus.com.
- "Vivolta SFR".
- Official website (in French)