|Sudhanshu Vats CEO|
The Indian Film Company
Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
Viacom 18 Media Pvt. Limited founded in November 2007 is a joint venture operation in India between Viacom and TV18 based in Mumbai. Viacom 18 owns and operates various channels of the Viacom group for the Indian viewers, as well as various consumer products in India. In July 2008, Colors was launched.
In January 2010, Viacom 18 went international with the launch of Colors in the United States. The channel is called "Aapka Colors". In July 2010, it got into 50/50 distribution joint venture with Sun Network and Sun 18 was formed. Viacom 18 also launched the channel Nickelodeon Sonic in December 2011, targeting young adults. On 23 January 2012, Viacom 18 launched Comedy Central. On 3 September 2012, Viacom 18 launched Rishtey. On 31 July 2015, it launched Colors Infinity and its HD version. Viacom 18 launched Nick HD+ in December 2015, the first HD kids channel in the country. Viacom 18 also owns Viacom 18 Motion Pictures.
- "Viacom18 Media Pvt. Ltd". Viacom18.com. Archived from the original on 23 October 2011. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "Corporate restructure complete for India's Network18". rapidtvnews.com. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "Beefing Up The Bouquet". business.outlookindia.com. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "Viacom18 launches its new channel 'sonic' in India". India Infoline. 5 December 2011. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- "TV18 to increase stake to 51% in Viacom18, the JV with Viacom Inc". Viacom18. 2018-01-31. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "On Air - Viacom18". www.viacom18.com. Retrieved 2017-11-24.