|Parent||Vero Labs, Inc.|
At the end of February 2018, the company began offering free services for life for the first one million customers leading to a large surge in new users and a concerted scrutiny. This led to app going viral, reaching the top spot on the Apple App Store, followed by a backlash due to the CEO Ayman Hariri’s past position as CEO and deputy chairman of Saudi Oger.
- O'Brien, Sara Ashley. "The unlikely billionaire behind Vero, the hot new app". CNNMoney. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "What is Vero? What you need to know about the rising social media platform". Fast Company. 2018-02-26. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Why everyone's talking about Vero". BBC News. 2018-02-27. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- CNBC, Lucy Handley, special to (2017-03-08). "This billionaire wants you to sign up to his social network — and promises no ads". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Vero Is Taking On Instagram By Fixing the One Thing Everyone Hates About Instagram". Time. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Is Vero Safe? Here's What You Should Know About the Popular App". Money. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Social Media Phenomenon Vero Has Russian Employees. Its CEO Says That's 'Irrelevant'". Time. Retrieved 2018-03-20.