(Maassen & Weymer, 1885)
Usta terpsichore, the cavorting emperor, is a species of moth in the Saturniidae family. It is found in Angola, Burkina Faso, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Some sources list a number of subspecies, while others treat most of these as full species and/or synonyms:
- Usta terpsichore subangulata Bouvier, 1930 (mostly treated as a full species)
- Usta terpsichore grantae Terral & Lequeux, 1991 (mostly treated as a full species)
- Usta terpsichore alba Terral & Lequeux, 1991 (mostly treated as a full species)
- Usta terpsichore abyssinica (Aurivillius, 1898) (mostly treated as a synonym)
- Usta terpsichore yaere Darge, 1994 (mostly treated as a synonym)