|05:13, 9 September 2018 UTC−05:00 [refresh]|
|Central||75 degrees W|
|Western border (nautical)||82.5 degrees W|
|Eastern border (nautical)||67.5 degrees W|
|Date-time group (DTG)||R|
UTC−05:00 is a time offset that subtracts five hours from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). In North America, it is observed in the Eastern Time Zone during standard time, and in the Central Time Zone during the other eight months (see Daylight saving time). The western Caribbean uses it year round.
As standard time (Northern Hemisphere winter)
- Canada – Eastern Time Zone
- United States – Eastern Time Zone
- All of Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Most of Florida, Indiana, and Michigan
- Eastern parts of Kentucky and Tennessee
- Unofficial use in several communities in Russell County, Alabama, including Phenix City. Although the legal time for all of Alabama during the standard time period is Central Time (UTC–6), Phenix City and its surrounding communities informally synchronize their clocks with the considerably larger city of Columbus, Georgia, directly across the Chattahoochee River from Phenix City.
As daylight saving time (Northern Hemisphere summer)
- Canada – Central Time Zone
- United States – Central Time Zone
- All of Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin
- Most of Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas
- Western portions of Florida and Kentucky
- The southern portion of Michigan's upper peninsula.
- The southwestern and northwestern portions of Indiana
- Mexico – Central Zone
- Central and eastern areas (most of country except Quintana Roo). In most of Mexico, daylight time starts a few weeks after the United States. Communities on the U.S. border that observe Central Time follow the U.S. daylight time schedule.
Standard time all year round
Central and South America
As daylight saving time (Southern Hemisphere summer)
Principal cities: Hanga Roa