|10:51, 9 September 2018 UTC+07:00 [refresh]|
|Central||105 degrees E|
|Western border (nautical)||97.5 degrees E|
|Eastern border (nautical)||112.5 degrees E|
|Date-time group (DTG)||G|
Also known as Indochina Time (ICT), it is used in:
As standard time (all year round)
It is considered the westernmost time zone in East Asia.
- Some bases in Antarctica. See also Time in Antarctica.
Discrepancies between official UTC+07 and geographical UTC+07
Since legal, political and economic in addition to physical or geographical criteria are used in the drawing of time zones, it follows that official time zones do not precisely adhere to meridian lines.
The UTC+07 time zone, were it drawn by purely geographical terms, would consist of exactly the area between meridians 97°30′ E and 112°30′ E.
As a result, there are places which, despite lying in an area with a "physical" UTC+07 time, actually use another time zone.
Conversely, there are areas that have gone for UTC+07, even though their "physical" time zone is UTC+08, UTC+06, or even UTC+05.
Areas located within UTC+07 longitudes using other time zones
This concerns areas within 97°30′ E to 112°30′ E longitude.
- Using UTC+06:30
Eastern part of Myanmar
- Using UTC+08
In China, many parts of central China including:
- western ⅔ of Hunan
- western half of:
- western third of:
Outside China & Russia:
- Most of central Mongolia including the capital Ulaanbaatar
- Peninsular Malaysia
- Western part of Sarawak in Malaysian Borneo including Kuching
- Using UTC+09
Areas located outside UTC+07 longitudes using UTC+07 time
Areas between 67°30′ E and 97°30′ E ("physical" UTC+05 and UTC+06)
- The westernmost part of Indonesia including most of the province Aceh with its capital Banda Aceh.
- Western part of Mongolia
- Parts of Russia:
Areas between 112°30′ E and 127°30′ E ("physical" UTC+08)
- The easternmost part of Java including East Java's capital Surabaya, Sidoarjo, Malang, and Banyuwangi.
- The Island Madura and Kangean Islands, which administratively belong to East Java Province.
- Most of Central Kalimantan including
- Eastern part of West Kalimantan including Kapuas Hulu and the eastern half of Sintang Regency.
- "HOVT – Hovd Time". Asian time zones. Time and Date. Retrieved 14 July 2012.