Tunisian passport front cover
|Date first issued||1 September 2003 (current version)|
|Type of document||Passport|
|Eligibility requirements||Tunisian citizenship|
The Tunisian passport is issued to citizens of Tunisia for international travel.
There are three main types of passport:
1. Regular (green) passport, issued to citizens for international travel, valid for 5 years.
2. "Special" (official) passport (passeport spécial, burgundy), issued to Tunisians travelling on official business.
3. Diplomatic (navy blue) passport, issued to Tunisian diplomats and their relatives.
All Tunisian passports comply with ICAO standards. They contain 32 pages.
The first machine-readable passports were issued in 2003.
The Tunisian passport has the following wording on its cover :
Middle: The Coat of Arms of Tunisia
Bottom: "جواز سفر " "PASSEPORT" "PASSPORT"
In 2018, Tunisian citizens had visa-free or visa on arrival access to 66 countries and territories, ranking the Tunisian passport 72nd in terms of travel freedom according to the Henley Passport Index.
- The accented e's lacking.
- "Global Ranking - Passport Index 2018" (PDF). Henley & Partners. Retrieved 6 March 2018.