|Type||digital broadcast television network|
Nationwide via OTA digital television|
|Slogan||Are You Tuff Enuff?|
TUFF TV, Inc. |
(Seals Entertainment Corporation)
Lou Seals |
|June 30, 2009|
Tuff TV is an American digital broadcast television network targeted at men owned by the Tuff TV, Inc. Tuff TV launched on June 30, 2009. The network was founded by Lou Seals, Founder, Chairman, and Chief Executive Officer of Seals Entertainment Corporation.
Tuff TV carries a mixture of sports (combat, motor and some team sport), lifestyle (outdoors, cooking), automotive, dramas, movies and talk show programming geared mainly at a young male audience. The network carries 3 hours of weekly E/I children’s programming to comply with federal broadcasting regulations. Stations affiliating with Tuff get five advertising minutes per hour and arrange cable carriage.
Tuff TV was launched in 2009 as a joint venture between Luken Communications and TUFF TV Media Group LLC, owned by Tuff TV Founder Lou Seals. By July 2011, the network's main affiliates were Morris Family Broadcasting and NJR TV station groups. In Mid-July 2014, Tuff TV started crowdfunding equity on SparkMarket.com to raise Investment capital, but was limited to those living in the state of Georgia.
Tuff agreed to carry some games from the first season of the Fall Experimental Football League in October and November 2014. Tuff relocated their offices to the GPB Media Building in Atlanta on June 8, 2016. Broadcasting On Friday, July 15, 2016, Tuff took over its distribution feed from Luken Communications earlier than planned.
|Phoenix||K38IZ-D||38.2||Spanish Independent Broadcast Network|
|Fayetteville||KFLU-LD||20.4||DTV America Corporation|
|Ridgecrest (Los Angeles DMA)||KZGN-LD||21.2||Wiknich Broadcasting Corporation|
|Cortez||K26CI-D||27.4||Southwest Colorado TV Translator Association|
|Denver||KHDT-LD||16.5||Syncom Media Group|
|Orlando||WHDO-CD||38.1||Local HDTV Inc.|
|Live Oak (Jacksonville DMA)||WKBJ-LD||20.4||DTV America Corporation|
|St. Augustine (Jacksonville DMA)||WQXT-CD||28.3||A1A TV, Inc.|
|Aurora (Chicago)||WPVN-CD||24.3||Polnet Communications|
|Salem (Louisville DMA)||WRLW-CD||17.3||Rebecca L. White|
|Sublette||KDGL-LD||23.2||High Plains Broadcasting|
|East Bernstadt/London||WOBZ-LD||9.3||ARK-TV, Inc.|
|Crowley (Lafayette)||K36MG-D||36||DTV America Corporation Launch Date Expected Mid-Late 2017/Station Currently Off Air|
|Lake Charles||KYTH-LD||43.6||C. Dowen Johnson|
|Detroit||WHNE-LD||14.4||Tait Broadcasting LLC|
|Alexandria||K47OQ-D||47.1||Selective TV, Inc.|
|St. Louis||WODK-LD||45.6||DTV America Corporation|
|Las Vegas||KHMP-LD||18.2||Pahrump Media Group|
|Atlantic City||WMCN-TV||44.2||Lenfest Broadcasting|
|Albany||WYBN-LD||14.3||Cable Ad Net New York, Inc.|
|Manteo (Norfolk DMA)||W30DN-D||30.1||Lawrence F. Loesch|
|Canton||WEKA-LD||41.7||DTV America Corporation|
|Oklahoma City||KBZC-LD||42.2||DTV America Corporation|
|Tulsa||KZLL-LD||39.2||DTV America Corporation|
|Rapid City||KRPC-LP||33.3||Digital Networks|
|Alexandria/Nashville||WRTN-LD||6.5||Richard C. & Lisa A. Goetz|
|Amarillo||KAUO-LD||15.3||DTV America Corporation|
|Austin||KADF-LD||20.2||Joseph W. Shaffer|
|Beaumont||KAOB-LD||27.6||C. Dowen Johnson|
|Salt Lake City||KPDR-LD||19.2||Craig and Marilyn Caples & William Mitchell|
|Williamson||WHJC-LP||27.2||Four Winds Television Inc.|
Seals Entertainment Corporation, also Sealsco, is a TV media company which got its start in sports news production. The company also has a set of digital TV networks, Tuff TV, Flicks TV, MotoWorld Network, Go Channel, and Rocky TV. Five additional digital broadcast networks are under development by the company.
Seals Entertainment (www.Sealsco.com) started in October 1984 with the production of MotoWorld motorcycle sports TV news magazine, which ran for 20 years on multiple channels including ESPN, TNN/Spike TV and USA. That branded was expanded with a spinoff show, MotoWorld 2 Rev It Up!, on ESPN2 for racing, both motorcycles and autos.
MotoWorld was then next used for an online live streaming service started in 1999 which featured motorcycle races. Tuff TV was launched in 2009 as a joint venture between Luken Communications and TUFF TV Media Group LLC, owned by Tuff TV Founder Lou Seals. On January 11, 2017, Seals Entertainment announced MotoWorld Network would be launched as a digital TV network. Sealsco followed that announcement up with additional announcements of a slate of new digital networks, Go Channel, Rocky TV and Flicks TV, over the course of a week.
- "The Top 25 Digital Broadcast Networks". TVNewsCheck.com. 17 June 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- McAvoy, Kim (July 27, 2011). "Diginets Struggle For Place On TV's Frontier". TVNewsCheck.com. p. 4. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Malone, Michael (July 24, 2014). "Tuff TV Turns to Crowd-Funding". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- "FXFL To Be Carried on ESPN3" (Press release). New York: FXFL. PR Newswire. October 1, 2014. Archived from the original on October 21, 2014. Retrieved October 20, 2014 – via NBC Right Now.
- "Tuff TV Announces New Corporate HQ, Studio". TV News Check. June 8, 2016. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- "Early Launch For Tuff TV's New Network Feed". TVNewsCheck. July 12, 2016. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- Miller, Mark K. (January 12, 2017). "MotoWorld Network Makes Broadcast TV Launch". TVNewsCheck.com. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Marszalek, Diana (January 11, 2017). "MotoWorld Bringing Motorsports to Digital TV". Broadcasting & Cable. NewBay Media. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Miller, Mark K. (January 19, 2017). "Flicks TV Diginet Ready To Go To The Movies". TVNewsCheck.com. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Marszalek, Diana (January 12, 2017). "New Multicast Network Aimed at People on The Go". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Mark K. Miller, Mark K. (January 18, 2017). "Rocky TV Diginet Has A Thing For Animals". TVNewsCheck.com. Retrieved March 6, 2017.