Trenton War Memorial
Trenton and Mercer County War Memorial-Soldiers' and Sailors' Memorial Building
|Location||West Lafayette Street, Trenton, New Jersey|
|Coordinates||40°13′6″N 74°46′6″W / 40.21833°N 74.76833°WCoordinates: 40°13′6″N 74°46′6″W / 40.21833°N 74.76833°W|
|Area||2.7 acres (1.1 ha)|
|Architectural style||Renaissance, Art Deco, Italian Renaissance Revival|
|NRHP reference #||86003480|
|Added to NRHP||December 11, 1986|
|Designated NJRHP||November 5, 1986|
Trenton and Mercer County War Memorial-Soldiers' and Sailors' Memorial Building, known as the Trenton War Memorial, is located in Trenton, Mercer County, New Jersey, United States. The building was built in 1930 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 11, 1986. It was designed by Louis S. Kaplan (1896-1964), who as a young architect won a competition to design Trenton's memorial to its Dead from World War One. Kaplan then supervised the building of the War Memorial, and after its dedication became the leading architect in Trenton until the early 1960s. Built as a concert hall, it fell into disrepair before being restored by the State of New Jersey in the 1990s. It was rededicated in 1999. The 1,807-seat theater at the War Memorial was renamed the Patriots Theater in 2001. In 2016 George Spencer was appointed the building's master electrician.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Mercer County" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. March 1, 2011. p. 9. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 3, 2010. Retrieved March 28, 2011.
- Myers, William Starr (2000), Prominent Families of New Jersey Two Volumes, Volume 1, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, ISBN 0-8063-5037-7