|Operator||General Directorate of State Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||104 ft / 32 m|
|Coordinates||40°59′42″N 39°47′23″E / 40.9951°N 39.7897°ECoordinates: 40°59′42″N 39°47′23″E / 40.9951°N 39.7897°E|
Location of airport in Turkey
Trabzon Airport (IATA: TZX, ICAO: LTCG) is an airport near the city of Trabzon in the eastern Black Sea region of Turkey. The airport opened in 1957. In 2009, it served 1,596,905 passengers, of which most (95%) were on domestic routes. In 2009, Trabzon Airport ranked 9th for total passenger traffic, and 7th for domestic traffic among airports in Turkey.
Airlines and destinations
|AnadoluJet||Ankara, Istanbul–Sabiha Gökçen, Kocaeli|
|AtlasGlobal||Antalya, Bahrain, Istanbul–Atatürk|
|Kuwait Airways||Seasonal: Kuwait|
|Onur Air||Baku, Istanbul–Atatürk, Ercan|
|Pegasus Airlines||Adana, Antalya, Istanbul–Sabiha Gökçen, Izmir|
|SunExpress|| Antalya, Düsseldorf, Izmir|
Seasonal: Cologne/Bonn, Frankfurt, Stuttgart
|Turkish Airlines|| Istanbul–Atatürk, Riyadh |
Seasonal: Bahrain, Berlin–Tegel, Dammam, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Kuwait, Stuttgart, Vienna
Accidents and incidents
On 13 January 2018, a Boeing 737-800 (TC-CPF) on Pegasus Airlines Flight 8622 veered off the left-hand side of the far end of runway 11 whilst landing. None of the 168 persons on board (162 passengers and 6 crew) were reported to have serious injuries. The cause of the incident has not yet been determined.
On 20 May, 1989, Alexander Zuyev, a Soviet pilot of the VVS Frontal Aviation Regiment based at Mikha Tskhakaya, Georgian SSR (present day Senaki, Georgia), defected from the Soviet Union by flying his Mig 29 plane to Trabzon. Turkey returned the plane to the Soviet Union, citing its desire to maintain a good relationship with the Soviet Union. However, the pilot was not extradited and was eventually provided asylum by the United States of America.
- Airport information for LTCG at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for TZX at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "AtlasGlobal Adds New Domestic Routes in S16". routesonline. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "AtlasGlobal adds Trabzon – Bahrain service from late-Jan 2018". airlineroute. 22 January 2018.
- Flynas begin service to Trabzon in 2018
- Kuwait Airways begin service to Trabzon from June 2018
- Nazarli, Amina (7 June 2017). "Trabzon-Baku direct flight opens". AzerNews.az. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- "Turkish Airlines Expands Riyadh Service in S16". airlineroute. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "Turkish Airlines adds new seasonal Saudi Arabia routes in S17". routesonline. Retrieved 9 May 2017.
- "Turkish Airlines Adds New Turkey - Kuwait Routes Jun - Oct 2015". Airlineroute.net. 12 May 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "Turkish Airlines Adds New Dusseldorf / Vienna Routes in S16". airlineroute. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Jet that shot off Turkish runway 'had right-hand engine power surge'". Mail Online. 15 January 2018. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- Zuyev, Alexander (1992). Fulcrum: A Top Gun Pilot's Escape from the Soviet Empire. Time Warner Publishing. pp. 348–350. ISBN 978-0446516488.