|Mayor of Edison|
Assumed office |
January 1, 2014
|Preceded by||Antonia Ricigliano|
1961 (age 56–57)|
Edison, New Jersey
|Residence||Edison, New Jersey|
Thomas Lankey is the Mayor of Edison, New Jersey, the state's 5th largest municipality by population, with about 101,000 residents. He won the November 2013 election and was sworn in on January 1, 2014. He was previously a town councilperson. Soon after taking office, Lankey said he would re-write the town's code of ethics. He won reelection in 2017, winning 58.7% of the vote.
Lankey is lifelong resident of Edison, and a 1978 graduate of Wardlaw-Hartridge School. He has a Bachelor of Science in accounting from the University of Delaware. He is a senior vice president at JFK Health System, and previously served as vice chairman of the board of directors of Magyar Bank.
- Epstein, Sue (November 5, 2013). "Democrats keep control in Edison, Middlesex County". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved 2014-11-28.
- Amaral, Brian (December 31, 2013). "Edison mayor-elect Thomas Lankey to be sworn in New Year's Day". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved 2014-11-28.
- "Councilman Thomas Lankey (D), candidate for Edison Township Mayor". Asbury Park Press. October 14, 2013. Retrieved 2014-11-28.
- "State of Edison Township: Mayor Thomas Lankey wants new code of conduct for employees". NJ.com. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- Vaishnav, Ruchi (3 November 2017). "Edison Township's ethnic, cultural, religious diversity has enriched community: Mayor Thomas Lankey - News India Times". Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- "The Wardlaw-Hartridge School: News Archive". whschool.org. 16 June 2016. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
Tom Lankey '78, Edison Township Mayor, also made remarks and wished the school continued success.
- "Mayor Thomas Lankey, Mayor Thomas Lankey Thomas Lankey rsquo s distinguished career in finance and management spans thirty years". edisonnj.org. Retrieved 19 September 2016.