Thiruvengadam Lakshman Sankar
|Thiruvengadam Lakshman Sankar|
August 2, 1928|
Tamil Nadu, India
Thiruvengadam Lakshman Sankar is an Indian energy expert, civil servant, corporate executive and the former head of Asian Energy Survey of the Asian Development Bank. He is a former chairman of the Andhra Pradesh Gas Power Corporation Limited and Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh. Securing his MSc degree in physical chemistry from the University of Madras and MA degree in development economics from Wilson College, he entered the Indian Administrative Service where he held positions such as the Secretary of the Fuel Policy Committee from 1970 to 1975 and the Principal Secretary of the Working Group on Energy Policy from 1978 to 1979. In 2007, he headed a government committee, popularly known as the T. L. Shankar Committee, which proposed ways of reforming Indian coal sector. He is a non-executive chairman of KSK Energy Ventures and a United Nations adviser on Energy to the governments of Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Jamaica, North Korea and Bangladesh. He is a former board member of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation and a former member of the Integrated Energy Policy Committee of the Planning Commission of India. The Government of India awarded him the third highest civilian honour of the Padma Bhushan, in 2004, for his contributions to society.
- "Executive Profile". Bloomberg. 2016. Retrieved June 1, 2016.
- "Business Leaders". 4 Traders. 2016. Retrieved June 1, 2016.
- "T. L. Sankar". Zenith Energy. 2016. Archived from the original on June 11, 2016. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Sankar, Thiruvengadam on Reuters". Reuters. 2016. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Shankar panel suggests recast of CIL". The Hindu. 1 June 2007. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Statement". Morning Star. 2016. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2016. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
- "Retd IAS Officer T.L Sankar , International Oil & Energy Consultant". YouTube video. Hybiz.tv. 18 October 2012. Retrieved June 2, 2016.