The Albany Herald
The Entrance to the Albany Herald as seen from the intersection of Pine Avenue & Washington Street in Downtown Albany.
|Owner(s)||Southern Community Newspapers, Inc.|
|Sports editor||Ron Seibel|
|Headquarters||Albany, Georgia, U.S.|
Clayton News Daily |
Gwinnett Daily Post
Henry Daily Herald
The Albany Herald is the daily newspaper for metro Albany (United States). It is distributed in metro Albany and in southwest Georgia. The newspaper was founded in 1891. Circulation is 21,701 on weekdays and 24,820 on Sundays. Offices for the paper are housed in the historic Rosenberg Brothers Department Store in downtown Albany.
The Herald introduced a new weekend edition in October 2017 which is delivered Sunday mornings. The new edition combines the Saturday and Sunday papers, and include more pages, new features and additional color comics.
In March 2018, Scot Morrissey was named the new publisher of The Herald. Morrissey was previously the publisher of the Athens Banner-Herald for nearly 10 years.
- "Gray TV's History".
- "Atlanta-based TV-station operator to spin off newsletter, wireless units". Atlanta Journal-Constitution via HighBeam Research (subscription required). 4 August 2005. Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- "Daily Post's parent company changes name". Gwinnett Daily Post. 5 March 2010. Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- "Albany Herald to be printed on Florida press". WALB. Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- "Albany Herald print subscribers can register for site use Monday". The Albany Herald. Retrieved 2018-06-16. (subscription required)
- "New Herald Weekend launches Oct. 1". The Albany Herald. Retrieved 2018-06-16. (subscription required)
- "Morrissey named publisher of Albany Herald". The Albany Herald. Retrieved 2018-06-16. (subscription required)