|Launched||26 November 2014|
|Owned by||That's TV|
Local TV Macro Network:|
0.01% (September 2015 , BARB)
|Virgin Media||Channel 159|
That's Solent is a local television station on the south coast of England.
That's Solent is a local TV channel, that according to Ofcom (the UK telecoms regulator), broadcasts to Southampton including Eastleigh, Fareham and parts of the Isle of Wight, Portsmouth and Winchester. Ofcom granted a licence to That's Solent on 14 August 2014 with a commencement date of 26 November 2014 and the licence, subject to conditions, will remain in force until 25 November 2025.
In March 2016, the station was placed on notice by Ofcom over persistent technical issues in its programming, along with its sister stations, That's Manchester and That's Oxfordshire.
Broadcasting and reception
That's Solent is broadcast from the Rowridge transmitting station on the Isle of Wight and covers the area around the Solent and Southampton Water. It broadcasts on Freeview channel 7 and is also available on Wightfibre. The studios are based in Cosham, Portsmouth.
The channel features a Monday to Friday evening news programme called Solent Headline News.
In 2017 That's Solent carried Talking Pictures TV during the day, but following the expiry of this agreement at the end of the year the channel has begun screening a mixture of public domain films and cartoons from the Timeless catalogue in its place.
- "That's Solent TV station begins broadcasting on Freeview". Southern Daily Echo. 27 November 2014. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "Copy of That's Solent Broadcasting Licence" (PDF). Ofcom. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 February 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "That's Solent wins Local TV license for Southampton". Isle of Wight News. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "About Us". That's TV. Retrieved 2014-06-26.
- OFCOM Broadcast Bulletin - issue 301
- "Ofcom awards local TV licence to Southampton company backed by Johnston Press and Newsquest". Press Gazette. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "That's Solent licence application" (PDF). Ofcom. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "Predicted That's Solent Coverage". Recombu. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "That's Solent". That's TV Ltd. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "New local TV channel". ITV. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "Rival publishers collaborate over local TV bid". Hold The Front Page. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "Talking Pictures TV agrees major distribution deal". TalkingPictures.co.uk. Retrieved 24 November 2017.