|57th Auditor of Indiana|
Assumed office |
January 9, 2017
|Preceded by||Suzanne Crouch|
|Auditor of Allen County|
|Preceded by||Lisa Borgmann|
|Succeeded by||Nick Jordan|
|Education||Purdue University, Fort Wayne (BS)|
Born and raised in Fort Wayne, Klutz graduated from Elmhurst High School as the valedictorian of her graduating class. Klutz is a certified public accountant who worked as an accountant and auditor with both PriceWaterhouseCoopers and Crowe Chizek. She won election as the auditor of Allen County, Indiana, in 2010 and won re-election in 2014. Before becoming county auditor, Klutz served as Allen County’s Chief Deputy Auditor under Lisa Borgmann from 2002 to 2010. Her predecessor was Renee Rousseau. From 2013 through 2016, Klutz was very active with Association of Indiana Counties’ Legislative Committee. As Chair, she oversaw and directed the Association’s legislative priorities by assisting in the analysis and review of proposed legislation and regularly testified before committees of the Indiana General Assembly. Klutz earned her bachelor's degree in accounting from Indiana University – Purdue University Fort Wayne.
Klutz was appointed by Governor-elect Eric Holcomb on January 2, 2017. She was sworn in on January 9, 2017. She is the first certified public accountant to be Indiana auditor. Nick Jordan, her Chief Deputy Auditor, replaced her as Allen County Auditor.
Klutz promised that she will continue to focus on internal controls and increasing transparency through use of technology. On July 19, 2017, Klutz announced that Indiana had a $42 million surplus and reserves of nearly $1.8 billion.
- Recipient of the 2016 Outstanding County Auditor of the Year award
- Ryan, Lisa (2 January 2017). "Allen County Auditor Tera Klutz Named Next Indiana Auditor".
- "Other view: State auditor places emphasis on transparency". Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Auditor's Office". 11 December 2002. Archived from the original on 2002-12-11. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Indiana Auditor Tera Klutz, CPA: Biography". www.in.gov.
- "Tera Klutz - Ballotpedia".
- "Indiana Governor-elect Eric Holcomb taps Tera Klutz for state auditor".
- TRIBUNE, NEWS AND. "Governor-elect Holcomb selects Allen County Auditor Tera Klutz to be next auditor of Indiana".
- "Allen County auditor chosen to replace Crouch as state auditor". 2 January 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-10-13. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "State auditor emphasizing transparency - Local - Journal Gazette". www.journalgazette.net.
- "State ends fiscal year with budget surplus - TheStatehouseFile.com - TheStatehouseFile.com". thestatehousefile.com.
- "Auditor of State Tera Klutz, CPA: Error Page" (PDF). www.in.gov.
| Auditor of Indiana