|Minnesota Twins – No. 55|
Born: December 17, 1990|
|April 14, 2016, for the Minnesota Twins|
|MLB statistics |
(through August 26, 2018)
|Earned run average||3.47|
Rogers was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 37th round of the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft out of Chatfield Senior High School in Littleton, Colorado. He did not sign with the Orioles, and instead attended the University of Kentucky to play college baseball. In 2010, he tied for the Southeastern Conference lead in losses (7) and runs allowed (68), as he went 4-7 with a 6.40 ERA. In 2011, he tied for second in the Southeastern Conference in losses (7), and was third-highest in runs allowed (56). In 2012, he was fourth in the Southeastern Conference in runs allowed (45). Pitching in college from 2010-12, he was 13-18 with a 5.35 ERA. After his junior season, Rogers was drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 11th round of the 2012 MLB Draft.
Rogers signed with the Twins and made his professional debut that season with the Elizabethton Twins and also played for the Beloit Snappers. In 15 games (ten starts) between both teams, he was 4-3 with a 2.27 ERA. Rogers started 2013 with the Cedar Rapids Kernels and was promoted to the Fort Myers Miracle during the season. In 25 games between the two clubs, 24 of which were starts, Rogers was 11-7 with a 2.88 ERA. In 2014 he pitched for the New Britain Rock Cats where he compiled an 11-6 record with a 3.29 ERA in 24 games started, and in 2015 he played for the Rochester Red Wings where he posted an 11-12 record with a 3.98 ERA in 28 games (27 starts). The Twins added Rogers to their 40-man roster after the 2015 season. He began 2016 with Rochester.
Rogers was called up to the major leagues on April 13, 2016, and he made his major league debut the next day. He was optioned to Rochester on April 19, and recalled to Minnesota on May 17. After his May 17 promotion, he spent the rest of the season with Minnesota, going 3-1 with a 3.96 ERA in 57 relief appearances. Rogers spent all of the 2017 season with the Twins, pitching to a 7-3 record, a 3.07 ERA, and a 1.31 WHIP in 55.2 relief innings pitched.
His twin brother, Tyler Rogers, pitches in the San Francisco Giants organization.
- Taylor Rogers Baseball Statistics [2010-2016]
- 2011 Southeastern Conference - Season Review
- 2012 Southeastern Conference - Season Review
- Taylor Rogers Stats, Fantasy & News | MLB.com
- "Twins Pick Taylor Rogers in 11th Round of MLB Draft". ukathletics.com. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "Rogers takes game to the next level". columbinecourier.com. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "Twins Minor League Starting Pitcher of the Year". startribune.com. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "Taylor Rogers Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved June 24, 2018.
- "Twins protect 7 prospects from Rule 5 Draft". Minnesota Twins. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- Twins call up former UK pitcher Taylor Rogers to majors for first time
- "Rogers twins reconnect in Arizona Fall League". San Francisco Giants. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "BROTHERS IN ARMS". columbinecourier.com. Retrieved April 18, 2015.