Tabriz International Airport
|Tabriz International Airport|
فرودگاه بین المللی شهید مدنی تبریز
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Owner||Government of Iran|
Iran Airports Company|
Iranian Air Force
|Serves||Tabriz, East Azerbaijan|
|Elevation AMSL||4,459 ft / 1,359 m|
|Coordinates||38°08′02″N 46°14′06″E / 38.13389°N 46.23500°ECoordinates: 38°08′02″N 46°14′06″E / 38.13389°N 46.23500°E|
Location of airport in Iran
Source: Iran Airports Company
Tabriz International Airport (Persian: فرودگاه بین المللی تبریز) (IATA: TBZ, ICAO: OITT) is an airport that serves Tabriz, Iran. It is the primary airport of Tabriz. The runway of the airport is mutually being used by Tactical Air Base 2 of the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force.
Airlines and destinations
|ATA Airlines||Ahwaz, Bandar Abbas, Isfahan, Istanbul-Atatürk, Kish Island, Mashhad, Shiraz, Tehran-Mehrabad|
|AtlasGlobal||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Caspian Airlines||Asaloyeh, Tehran-Mehrabad|
|Corendon Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Georgian Airways||Seasonal charter: Tbilisi|
|Iran Air||Ahwaz, Isfahan, Mashhad, Rasht, Tehran-Mehrabad|
|Iran Air Tours||Tehran-Mehrabad, Mashhad, Istanbul-Atatürk|
|Iran Aseman Airlines||Shiraz, Tehran-Mehrabad|
|Kish Airlines||Kish Island|
|Mahan Air||Isfahan, Kerman|
|Meraj Airlines||Mashhad, Tehran-Mehrabad|
|Onur Air||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Pegasus Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Qeshm Airlines||Baghdad, Bandar Abbaas, Hamburg, Shiraz, Tehran-Mehrabad|
|Saudia||Seasonal: Jeddah, Medina|
|SunExpress||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Taban Air||Seasonal: Batumi, Tbilisi, Yerevan|
|Zagros Airlines||Mashhad, Tehran-Mehrabad|
Seasonal charter: Isparta
^a According to Iranian laws direct passenger flights to Antalya are banned, So AtlasGlobal, Onur Air, Pegasus Airlines, SunExpress and Corendon Airlines seasonal charter flights from Tabriz to Antalya have a stopover in Adana and Kayseri. However, these airlines do not carry local traffic between Tabriz and Adana. The return flights also has the same conditions. This law applies only to passenger flights and does not include VIP, Cargo or ferry flights.
Accidents and incidents
- On June 6, 2018, the Tapandegan (Palpitaters in Persian) an Iranian hacker group hacked the arrival and departure monitors at Tabriz International Airport defacing sign boards in the evening, showing a protest message against “wasting Iranians’ resources” and expressing support for Iranian truckers who have been on strike across Iran for several weeks.
- "Traffic Figures". Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- صفدری, مهرداد شادمان منش-حسین. "هواپیمایی آتا". Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "Hackers briefly shut off airport monitors in Iran's Tabriz". seattletimes.com. 7 June 2018. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "Hackers briefly shut off airport monitors in Iran's Tabriz". foxnews.com. 7 June 2018. Retrieved 29 June 2018.