|Architectural style||Late 19th And 20th Century Revivals, Other|
|Town or city||Austin, Texas|
|Design and construction|
Sutton Hall, originally called The Education Building, is a building on the University of Texas at Austin campus, serving as one of the three buildings supporting the School of Architecture, the others being Battle Hall and Goldsmith Hall. It was designed by Cass Gilbert, who also designed Battle Hall, the architecture library on the same campus. Originally, Sutton Hall housed the College of Education.
In 1927, the University separated the Department of Psychology out of the Department of Philosophy, and moved Psychology out of Garrison Hall and onto the 3rd floor of Sutton Hall, where it would share space with the Department of Educational Psychology for the next 25 years.
Today, Sutton Hall houses architecture studios, labs, and offices, including graduate admissions for the school.
- McFadden, D.; Young, R.K.; McKinney, C. "Jeffress Memorial Resolution" (PDF). UT Memorials. University of Texas at Austin.
- Works cited
- Holland, Richard A. (2006). The Texas Book: Profiles, History, and Reminiscences of the University. University of Texas Press. pp. 128 ff. Retrieved October 22, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sutton Hall.|