St Mary the Virgin's Church, South Darley
|St Mary the Virgin’s Church, South Darley|
St Mary the Virgin’s Church, South Darley
|Coordinates: 53°08′59.91″N 1°36′8.02″W / 53.1499750°N 1.6022278°W|
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Consecrated||19 June 1845|
|Heritage designation||Grade II listed|
|Diocese||Diocese of Derby|
The church was built in 1845 by the Sheffield architect Joseph Mitchell. It was consecrated on 19 June 1845 Further additions were made in 1880 and 1885 to 1886. The changes in 1885 included the re-enlargement of the chancel, extending it by 27ft in length. The floor of the chancel was laid with encaustic tiles by Maw and Son of Bentall, Staffordshire.
The church is in a joint parish with:
- "Church of St Mary, South Darley". British Listed Buildings. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
- The Buildings of England. Derbyshire. Nikolaus Pevsner. Yale University Press. 1978. ISBN 0140710086
- "Consecration of St Mary's Church, Darley Dale". Derbyshire Courier. Derby. 28 June 1845. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
- "Re-opening of St Mary's Church, Darley Dale". Derbyshire Times and Chesterfield Herald. Derby. 1 May 1886. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
- "NPOR N00490". National Pipe Organ Register. British Institute of Organ Studies. Retrieved 4 April 2015.