Southern Shore Region
The Southern Shore Region is located in the southeastern part of State of New Jersey in the United States of America. It is one of six tourism regions established by the New Jersey State Department of Tourism, the others being the Gateway Region, Greater Atlantic City, the Delaware River Region, the Shore Region and the Skylands Region. The area includes Cape May County and Cumberland County. The coast is along the Atlantic Ocean and Delaware Bay, while the inland areas are part of the New Jersey Pine Barrens.
Points of interest
- Cape May Seashore Lines
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Cumberland County, New Jersey
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Cape May County, New Jersey
- Vineland has the only remaining drive-in theater,The Delsea Drive-In, in the state of New Jersey, the state in which they were created in 1932. It is located on Route 47 (Delsea Drive) north of County Route 552.
- Corson's Inlet State Park
- Cape May Migratory Bird Refuge (The Nature Conservancy's William D. & Jane C. Blair Jr.)
- The Wetlands Institute
- Higbee Beach Wildlife Management Area
- Tuckahoe Wildlife Management Area
- The Vineland Haunted house is also a tourist attraction. In the late 70s a family moved in and encountered several paranormal problems. Including a gravestone moving across a field by itself when it would take 4 or more strong people to move it.