The Sleepycat License (sometimes referred to as Berkeley Database License or the Sleepycat Public License) is a copyleft free software license used by Oracle Corporation for the open-source editions of Berkeley DB, Berkeley DB Java Edition and Berkeley DB XML embedded database products older than version 6.0.20. (Starting with version 6.0.20, the open-source editions are instead licensed under the GNU AGPL v3.)
- "License information". The Debian Project. Software in the Public Interest (published 2017-07-12). 1997–2017. Archived from the original on 2017-07-20. Retrieved 2017-07-20.
... This page presents the opinion of some debian-legal contributors on how certain licenses follow the Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG). ... Licenses currently found in Debian main include:
- Sleepycat License
- "Various Licenses and Comments about Them". The GNU Project. Free Software Foundation (published 2017-04-04). 2014–2017. Berkeley Database License (a.k.a. the Sleepycat Software Product License). Archived from the original on 2017-07-20. Retrieved 2017-07-20.
... This is a free software license, compatible with the GNU GPL. ...
- "Licenses by Name". Open Source Initiative. n.d. Archived from the original on 2017-07-20. Retrieved 2017-07-20.
... The following licenses have been approved by the OSI. ...
- Sleepycat License (Sleepycat)
- Berkeley DB Paper
- Discussion on the potential of the license at libreplanet-discuss mailing list