Six-red World Championship
|Venue||Bangkok Convention Centre|
|Organisation(s)||World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association|
|Total prize fund||10,000,000 baht|
The Six-red World Championship (also known as the SangSom 6 Red World Championship for sponsorship purposes) is a six-red snooker tournament, played with the six and six . Mark Williams is the reigning champion.
The event was first held in the 2008/2009 season, and was known as the Six-red Snooker International. The event was organised by the Asian Confederation of Billiards Sports. Forty-eight players were divided in 8 round-robin groups. The top four from each group moved into the knock-out stage. In 2009 the event was renamed the Six-red World Grand Prix. In 2010, it replaced a rival tournament (sponsored by 888sport) as the official six red snooker world championship, after the other event—held once in 2009—was discontinued. The event wasn't held in the 2011/2012 season, but it returned for the 2012/2013 season with the backing of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. The event was held at the Montien Riverside Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand between 2008 and 2014. The following year it took place in the Fashion Island Shopping Mall, before the Convention Centre became the venue for the tournament from 2016 on.
|Six-red Snooker International|
|Six-red World Grand Prix|
|Six-red World Championship|
- Active players are shown in bold.
Champions by country
|Country||Players||Total||First title||Last title|
- "Saengkham Shocks Defending Champion Ding". worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. 4 September 2017. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "6-red snooker". Chris Turner's Snooker Archive. Archived from the original on 16 February 2012. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "Tournament Calendar 2011/2012". Snooker.org. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "SangSom 6 Red World Championship (2012)". Snooker.org. Retrieved 27 June 2012.
- "2008 Sangsom 6-reds International Snooker". Global Snooker Centre. Archived from the original on 24 December 2008.
- "2009 Sangsom 6 Reds Results". Global Snooker. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Sangsom 6Red World Championships 2010". Cue Sports India. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 27 March 2011.
- "SangSom 6 Red World Championship (2013)". Snooker.org. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "SangSom 6 Red World Championship (2014)". Snooker.org. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "6 Red World Championship (2015)". Snooker.org. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- "SangSom 6 Red World Championship (2016)". Snooker.org. Retrieved 11 September 2016.