|Subsidiary of Microsoft|
5 Menachem Begin Ave., Beit Dagan, Israel
|Founders||Aki Eldar, Yuval Eldar|
|Headquarters||5 Menachem Begin Ave., Beit Dagan, Israel|
Secure Islands Technologies Ltd. is an Israeli privately held technology company headquartered in 5 Menachem Begin Ave., Beit Dagan, that develops and markets Information Protection and Control (IPC) solutions.
Secure Islands Technologies Ltd. was founded by two brothers Aki Eldar and Yuval Eldar in late 2006, to develop and sell advanced data security solutions. The then Jerusalem-based start-up company suggested a new solution for data protection: embedding security directly in data. Secure Islands builds software designed to classify sensitive information automatically based on policies outlined by an enterprise, and then to wrap it in the appropriate level of Digital rights management (DRM).
In November 2015 Microsoft acquired Secure Islands Technologies Ltd. for an undisclosed amount.
About Secure Islands Technologies Ltd.
The company is run by a board of directors. Members of the board of directors as of November 2015 are: Aki Eldar, Yuval Eldar, Asher Jospe, Tsachy Shasha, Greg Grimaldi. Furthermore, the company has a professional leadership team who have contributed to its successful development: Amir Avraham (VP Finance), Roee Oz (CTO), Paul Gabrik (EVP Sales, North America), Guri Geva (VP Sales, EMEA), Ayal Ofer Laleh (VP Research & Development), Yoel Knoll (Director of Marketing), Danny Seker (Director of Customer Success), and Reut Bar Lev (HR Manager).
Secure Islands Technologies Ltd. is a private start-up company. However, the company is backed by prominent and experienced major international investment funds such as Docor International, Van Leer Ventures Jerusalem, Shlomo Kramer, Galilaea Group and Credit Suisse NEXT. The company's solutions are deployed in top-tier Fortune 500 firms and government agencies worldwide.
Docor, a subsidiary of the Van Leer Group Foundation, was founded to promote commercial activities in Israel. Docor aims to support Israeli economy by investing in globally oriented Israeli companies that have innovative technologies targeted at growing markets and the needs of future industries. Docor’s strategy is to provide for the companies in which it invests, an international business network and skilled management support.
Van Leer Ventures Jerusalem
Shlomo Kramer is a pioneer in the Internet security market. In 2002, he was a co-founder, CEO, and President of Imperva. Some years earlier, Mr. Kramer was a co-founder of Check Point Software Technologies. In 2006, Mr. Kramer was selected by Network World magazine as one of 20 luminaries who changed the network industry.
The Galilaea Group is a privately owned boutique investment firm. Its main focus is on IT, green energy and environment-friendly technologies. As part of its business model, the group plays an active role in the business development of its portfolio companies.
Credit Suisse NEXT
Secure Islands Technologies Ltd. software is based on its active data immunization concept. Secure Islands’ Data Immunization technology uniquely embeds protection within information itself at the moment of creation or initial organizational access. This process is automatic and accompanies sensitive information throughout its lifecycle from creation, through usage and collaboration to storage and archival.
The corporate headquarters, informally known as the Microsoft Redmond Campus, is located at One Microsoft Way in Redmond, Washington. Microsoft initially moved onto the grounds of the campus on February 26, 1986, weeks before the company went public on March 13. The headquarters has since experienced multiple expansions since its establishment.
Enhanced Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
Organizations can prevent data leakage thanks to Secure Islands’ data-centric security – uniquely embedding protection within the data itself at the moment of creation or initial organizational access. .
Secure Islands Technologies offers for large-scale data sources a set of built-in data interceptors which capture data at creation, in motion, in use, and at rest – identifying data in need of protection based on content-driven, pre-defined policies, and submitting for automatic classification and protection by IQProtector Suite.
8 June 2015 - Secure Islands Technologies announced today that it won a Red Herring Top 100 North America award. “Secure Islands has transformed the data security field with its innovative data immunization technology,” said Alex Vieux, chairman and CEO, Red Herring. “With large, global rollouts at large companies, its solution has proven its performance, and has gained significant traction. Thus we have selected the company as a Red Herring Top 100 for we have confident it will soon become an industry brand name.”
31 August 2015 - Network World (NWW) published the first formal product review of IQProtector Enterprise, version 5.0. which received NWW’s Clear Choice award. The review states that “IQProtector’s security was top-notch in our tests.”
6 October 2015 - Secure Islands Technologies announced that it was selected as winner of the annual SINET 16 competition from a pool of more than 130 applicants from around the world. SINET is an organization dedicated to developing cyber security innovation through public-private collaboration.
- "Secure Islands' Technology". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Forbes How To Protect A Company's Data". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Secure Islands Technologies". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Microsoft to acquire data protection firm Secure Islands. The deal will be used to bolster Microsoft's Azure Rights Management Service". PC World. November 9, 2015. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- "Board of Directors". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Leadership Team". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Investors". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Microsoft set to acquire Israeli startup Secure Islands for $100-150M". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Secure Islands Technologies raises $1.1m in first round". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Cyber security co Secure Islands raises $12m". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Microsoft is set to acquire Israeli cyber-sec startup Secure Islands for $100-150 million". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "About Secure Islands Technologies Ltd". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Secure Islands: 'Immunizing' corporate data as soon as it is created". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Classification". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Information Rights Management (IRM)". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Enhanced DLP". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Classification". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Enterprise Applications". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Red Herring Top 100 North America award". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "NWW's Clear Choice award". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Winner of the 2015 SINET 16". Retrieved November 5, 2015.