Location in Alabama
Sardis (the US)
|Coordinates: 32°17′16″N 86°59′09″W / 32.28778°N 86.98583°WCoordinates: 32°17′16″N 86°59′09″W / 32.28778°N 86.98583°W|
|Elevation||246 ft (75 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||126399|
A post office called Sardis was established in 1856. The community was named after the biblical city of Sardis.
- "Sardis". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Sardis, Alabama". "AL HomeTownLocator". Retrieved 2008-11-05.
- "Dallas County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "Tenbroeck in DeKalb County was named for runaway horse". Gadsden Times. Jun 17, 1984. pp. B1. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.