|Detroit Tigers – No. 62|
Born: November 25, 1993|
Juan Baron, Dominican Republic
|June 4, 2018, for the Detroit Tigers|
|MLB statistics |
(through June 4, 2018)
|Earned run average||0.00|
Báez signed with the Detroit Tigers as an international free agent in October 2011. He made his professional debut in 2012 for the DSL Tigers and spent the whole season there, going 0-3 with a 5.21 ERA in ten games (nine starts). He returned there in 2013, compiling an 8-1 record and 2.05 ERA in 14 games (ten starts). In 2014, he pitched for the GCL Tigers where he was 1-2 with a 3.06 ERA and 1.26 WHIP in 12 starts, and in 2015, he played with the Connecticut Tigers where he pitched to a 3-4 record and 4.13 ERA in 14 games started. He spent 2016 with the West Michigan Whitecaps where he was 7-9 with a 3.81 ERA in 21 starts.
The Tigers added him to their 40-man roster after the 2016 season. He spent 2017 with both the Lakeland Flying Tigers and the Erie SeaWolves, compiling a combined 6-8 record and 3.92 ERA in 19 starts between the two teams. The Tigers called up Baez as the 26th man for the doubleheader against the New York Yankees on June 4, 2018. He pitched 4 1/3 scoreless innings with three walks and four strikeouts in the first game of the doubleheader and was sent back down to Erie after the second game.
- "Overlooked Baez makes 'great strides' among promising Whitecaps". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Tigers add RHP Sandy Baez to 40-man roster". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Sandy Baez Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- "Tigers bringing up Drew VerHagen to start Game 1 of doubleheader". MLive.com. Retrieved 2018-06-03.
- "Tigers' Sandy Baez: Sent down to minors". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)