|Launched||1 September 1997|
|Owned by||Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen|
576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||10.7% (2016EPD),|
SF zwei (2005-2012)
|Hotbird 13° East (DVB-S2)||10972 H 29700 (Scramble)|
|Cablecom||Channel 003 (digital CH-D)|
|A1 TV (Austria)||Channel 321 (HD)|
The channel was launched in 1997 as 'SF 2', originally only to offer SF 1 programming in later hours. It subsequently became a youth-oriented channel, airing programs oriented to a teen audience, such as American TV shows. It is the second of the three national German-language channels in Switzerland (the others being SRF 1 and SRF info).
SF 2 was renamed to 'SF zwei' on December 2, 2005, in order to differentiate it more from its sister channel SF 1. An HD version launched on February 29, 2012.
SRF zwei mainly broadcasts programmes aimed towards a younger audience. There is a heavy emphasis on movies, TV series and sporting events, much like its Austrian equivalent ORF eins. Feature films and TV series are often broadcast with both the German dub and the original soundtrack.
From 1998 to 2003, a Nickelodeon-branded programming block was broadcast on SRF zwei (then known as SF 2) on weekdays between 10am and 5pm; there was a mixture of Nicktoons and Swiss productions, as well as live broadcasts featuring interactive games. In addition, a Junior-branded block was broadcast on weekend mornings; this was extended to weekdays from September 2003, replacing the Nickelodeon block. This too ended in December 2006, and was replaced by SF tubii, which was renamed Zambo in 2010.
On February 29, 2012, a major programme overhaul was undertaken: the children's block Zambo was shortened and moved to SRF 1, due to programming on SRF zwei regularly being interrupted for sports broadcasts. In addition, The Simpsons was removed from its early evening slot due to poor ratings, and was replaced with a series of in-house productions.
- sport live: Live sporting events
- sport aktuell: Daily sports news magazine
- sportpanorama: Weekly in-depth sports magazine
- PresseTV: Various magazine programmes produced by print magazines
- TV series
- Code Black (2016)
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (2017)
- Der Lehrer (2010-2011)
- Devious Maids (Devious Maids - Schmutzige Geheimnisse) (2014, 2017)
- Fringe (Fringe - Grenzfälle des FBI) (2009-2011, 2014)
- Grey's Anatomy (2006-present)
- Intelligence (2015-present)
- Last Man Standing (2014-present)
- Line of Duty (2017-present)
- Mad Men (2018-present)
- Prime Suspect (Heißer Verdacht) (2006)
- Station 19 (Seattle Firefighters - Die jungen Helden) (2018–present)
- Stalker (2015-2017)
- Tatort (2011-present)
- The Catch (2017-present)
- The Fall (The Fall – Tod in Belfast) (2018-present)
- The Great Indoors (2018–present)
- The Grinder (2016-2017)
- The Guardian (The Guardian - Retter mit Herz) (2005, 2012-2016, 2018-present)
- Blick. "Medien: Die Simpsons verschwinden aus SF zwei" (in German). Retrieved 2018-03-20.