Destroyed church converted to military magazine for the Turks
|Leadership||Serbian Orthodox Church|
|Completed||1867 (1521 foundation)|
Ružica Church (Serbian: Црква Ружица/Crkva Ružica, tran. Little Rose Church) is a Serbian Orthodox church located in the Belgrade Fortress, in Belgrade, Serbia. A church of the same name existed on the site in the time of Stefan Lazarević. It was demolished in 1521 by the invading Ottoman Turks. The church was used as a gunpowder magazine in the 18th century, and was converted into a military church between 1867 and 1869. Heavily damaged during the First World War, the church was renovated in 1925 by Russian architect Nikolay Krasnov. The iconostasis was carved by Kosta Todorović, and the icons painted by Rafailo Momčilović. The walls were covered in paintings by Andrej Bicenko, a Russian artist.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ružica Church.|