Ranbir Singh Bisht
|Ranbir Singh Bisht|
Landsdowne, Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India
Three daughtersOne Son
Lalit Kala Akademi Fellowship
UP Lalit Kala Akademi Fellowship
Ranbir Singh Bisht (1928–1998) was an Indian painter and the Principal of the College of Fine Arts, Lucknow University. Born in 1928 at Landsdowne in Garhwal, in the present day Indian state of Uttarakhand, he secured Drawing Teacher`s Training Certificate and Diploma in Fine Arts from the Government College of Art and Craft, Lucknow. He conducted many solo shows in a number of Indian cities besides a show in New York and participated in group shows in Frankfurt and Tokyo. He was also a participant of the 4th Triennale at New Delhi in 1972.
Lalit Kala Akademi awarded him their fellowship in 1987. He was also fellow of the UP State Lalit Kala Akademi (184) and UNESCO. The Government of India awarded him the fourth highest civilian award of the Padma Shri, in 1991. Bisht, who was the vice president of the Uttar Pradesh State Lalit Kala Akademi, died in 1998, aged 70. He was married to Vimala, a ceramic and terracotta artist and the couple had three daughters and one son.
- "Padmashri Prof Ranbir Singh Bisht and Prof Vimala Bisht". Anand Way. 2015. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "Ranvir Singh Bisht (Late)". UP Fine Arts Akademi. 2015. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "Goa Art Gallery profile". Goa Art Gallery. 2015. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Art and times of Prof. R. S. Bisht". RS Bisht. 2015. Retrieved 12 October 2015.