Râmîêl (Aramaic: רעמאנל, Hebrew: רעמיאל, Greek: ‘Ραμιήλ) is both a fallen Watcher and an archangel in the apocryphal Book of Enoch. Ramiel means "thunder of God" from the Hebrew elements ra'am and El, "God".
As a fallen Watcher
There are 20 leaders in the Book of Enoch, also called 1 Enoch. The section that mentions them reads:
|“||7. And these are the names of their leaders: Sêmîazâz, their leader, Arâkîba, Râmêêl, Kôkabîêl, Tâmîêl, Râmîêl, Dânêl, Êzêqêêl, Barâqîjâl, Asâêl, Armârôs, Batârêl, Anânêl, Zaqîêl, Samsâpêêl, Satarêl, Tûrêl, Jômjâêl, Sariêl. 8. These are their chiefs of tens." - R. H. Charles translation, The Book of the Watchers, Chapter VI.||”|
As described in 1 Enoch, these are the leaders of 200 angels that are turned into fallen Angels due to their taking wives, mating with human women, and teaching forbidden knowledge. One of 20 leaders, Ramiel is mentioned sixth.
As an angel
He is mentioned also in 2 Baruch where he presides over true visions (55:3).
Ramiel is the angel of hope, and he is credited with two tasks: he is responsible for divine visions, and he guides the souls of the faithful into Heaven. He is called Jeremiel or Uriel in various translations of IV Esdras, He is said to have been the archangel responsible for the destruction of the armies of Sennacherib, as well as being the bearer of the instructions of the seven archangels.
- Remiel (DC Comics)
- Remiel (Tales of Symphonia)
- The Fifth Angel in Neon Genesis Evangelion is called Ramiel in the recap episode, which is framed as an in series report.
- Ramiel appears as the main villain of the Supernatural season 12 episode Stuck in the Middle (With You) in which he is a Prince of Hell.
- Rameel is voiced by Kevin Durand in the film Noah. He and the other Watchers are depicted as fallen angels punished by encasement in stone.
- In episode 3, season 2 of Amazons' Hand of God, A. Remiel is the name of the guard in Pernells' vision in the prison cell.