10 June 1938|
Bengal Presidency, India
|Residence||Pimpri Chinchwad, Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Alma mater||Harvard University (MBA)|
|Occupation||Chairman of Bajaj Group|
|Net worth||US$4.8 billion (Forbes 2017)|
|Children||3, including Rajiv Bajaj|
Jamnalal Bajaj (grandfather)|
Tarang Jain (nephew)
|Awards||Padma Bhushan (2001)|
Rahul Bajaj (born 10 June 1938) is an Indian billionaire businessman, politician and philanthropist. He is the chairman of Indian conglomerate Bajaj Group and member of parliament. Bajaj comes from the business house started by a Rajasthani Marwadi businessman Jamnalal Bajaj. He was awarded the third highest civilian award Padma Bhushan in 2001. In a recent interview for the Creating Emerging Markets project at the Harvard Business School, Bajaj provides a devastating critique of Indian industrial policies before the liberalization in the 1990s.
He was born on 10 June 1938 and is the grandson of Indian independence fighter and philanthropist, Jamnalal Bajaj.
In 2005, Bajaj stepped down from his role as chairman, his son Rajiv became the Group's managing director.
His sons Rajiv Bajaj and Sanjiv Bajaj are involved in the management of his companies. His daughter Sunaina is married to Manish Kejriwal, the former head of Temasek India.
- "The World's Billionaires (2016 ranking): #722 Rahul Bajaj". Forbes. 1 March 2016. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- "Interview with Rahul Bajaj". Creating Emerging Markets. Harvard Business School.
- "Rahul Bajaj Story - Bio, Facts, Home, Family, Net Worth - Famous Chairmans- SuccessStory". successstory.com. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Alumni Achievement Awards – Rahul Bajaj, MBA 1964". Archived from the original on November 13, 2012. Retrieved December 25, 2012.
- "Birthday Special : The motivational businessman, Rahul Bajaj". Retrieved 2018-07-06.
- "Rahul Bajaj, Bajaj Group". Outlook India. Retrieved 2018-07-06.
- "Learning from emerging markets: An interview with Bajaj Auto's Rajiv Bajaj". McKinsey & Company. Retrieved 2018-07-06.
- Archived October 13, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "LUNCH WITH BS: Manish Kejriwal". Business-standard.com. 2008-11-11. Archived from the original on October 10, 2012. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rahul Bajaj.|
- Interview with Karan Thapar for CNN IBN
- Lufthansa CNBC TV18 All for this one moment – Interview Rahul Bajaj