|Owner||Belarusian Television and Radio Company|
Viacheslav LAKTJUSHIN Head of Dept. of Foreign Languages Service
|May 11, 1962|
Radio "Belarus" (Belarusian: Радыё "Беларусь") is the official international broadcasting station of Belarus. It has been announced that the station will cease broadcasting on shortwave, mediumwave, and longwave as of 1 April 2016.
Radio "Belarus" has broadcast on the international shortwave bands since 11 May 1962. Originally the programs were broadcast in Belarusian. In 1985, broadcasting in German was launched, and in 1998 they began broadcasting Russian and English versions. Since 2006 the radio has started broadcasting in Polish, while 2010 saw the launch of French and Spanish language programming.
Today the station offers 16 hours of radio content in 7 languages and 10 hours of real-time online English programming daily.
Radio "Belarus" features
- News and information-analytical shows
- Radio interviews with statesmen, politicians, public and religious figures; scientists, writers and musicians, masters of art and folklore; sportsmen
- Programs about history, culture, and spiritual values of Belarusians
The radio carries shows about different aspects of Belarusian life and human interest stories about ordinary Belarusian families. Priority in music policy is examples of folk, classical, and modern Belarusian music.
Former shortwave band
- 14.00 - 02.00 local time (11.00 - 23.00 UTC) at 7390, 7360 kHz
- 20.05 - 02.00 local time (17.05 - 23.00 UTC) at 6155 kHz
Former medium wave band
- 22.00 - 02.00 local time (19.00 - 23.00 UTC) at 1170 kHz
FM transmitters and frequencies
Radio "Belarus" started on-line Internet broadcasts in the English language on January 3, 2005. On September 1, 2005, it increased the air time from 5 to 10 hours, including two 5-hour blocks.
Online broadcasting schedule
- On-line: 02:00-07:00, 15:00-20:00 local time
- Rerun: 07:00-12:00, 12:00-14:00, 20:00-01:00 local time
Contest - #MINSK2019: My Greetings to 2nd European Games
Starting from April 1, 2018 Radio Belarus jointly with the Foundation "Directorate of the 2nd European Games 2019" held a selfie contest "MINSK2019: My greetings to the 2nd European Games".
To become a participant it will be necessary to take a selfie while doing sports or against the background of some sports facilities, put words #MINSK2019 on it, fill in the submission form or send the photo to .
The deadline for submitting the selfie photos is October 25, 2018.
The criteria for evaluating photos include compliance with the theme and conditions of the contest, as well as artistic taste and originality.
The final results are to be announced in the period between December 20 and December 28, 2018.
The winners will be awarded with diplomas from Belteleradiocompany, as well as sets of tickets for the events of the European Games in Minsk and the official gear of the National Team of the Republic of Belarus.
- Belarusian Radio, the publicly funded radio broadcaster in Belarus.