RCS & RDS
Number of locations
|308 (in Romania as February 2016)|
|Serghei Bulgac CEO|
|Products||Telephone, Internet, Wireless, Television|
Number of employees
|over 12,000 (2017)|
RCS & RDS (formerly Romanian Cable System & Romanian Data System) is one of the biggest telecommunication operators in Central and Eastern Europe and the largest cable and satellite television company in Romania. It offers cable television, cable internet, VOIP, 3G services and since 2004 satellite television (Digi TV).
- Cable Communications Systems NV – 88.54%
- RCS&RDS SA with – 7.83%
- Zoltán Teszári – 1.77%
- 14 individuals associates – 1.86%
The company, which is based in Bucharest, Romania, was formed in April 2005 by the de jure merger of Romania Cable Systems (RCS) and Romania Data Systems (RDS). The companies were under the same ownership from the very beginning and operating de facto as a single unit long before that.
- 3.9 million for the mobile phone service Digi.Mobil.
- 3.3 million customers for the cable TV service DigiTV.Cablu.
- 2.5 million for its broadband Internet service Digi.Net.
- 1.7 million for the landline phone system service Digi.Tel.
- 0.9 million customers for the satellite television service DigiTV.Satelit.
It is controlled by Zoltán Teszári, the wealthiest IT entrepreneur in Romania.
- Digi.Net: Residential or Business broadband connection on cable, FTTB or FTTH infrastructure.
- Digi.Net Mobil: 3G mobile internet service available in Romania.
- Digi.Tel: Residential or business VOIP on cable, FTTB or FTTH infrastructure.
- Digi.Tv: Satellite television and Cable television.
- Digi.Mobil: 3G mobile telephony and mobile internet operating on 2100 MHz and 900 MHz and 4G mobile internet operating on TDD 2600 MHz band 38 and FDD 2100 MHz band 1.
- Digi Move: 3G mobile internet service available in Hungary.
RCS&RDS Digital TV Channels
RCS&RDS Digi.Mobil in Romania
The following is a list of known frequencies which Digi.Mobil uses in Romania:
RCS&RDS Digi.Mobil in Hungary
|216||03||1800 MHz||3||LTE (50 Mbit/s)||4G||Deployment in progress.|
- RCS & RDS is Romania's largest adopter of Fiber to the building (FTTB) and Fiber to the home (FTTH).
- RCS & RDS also operates two mobile virtual networks over Movistar in Spain and 3 in Italy for the Romanians living in these countries.
- In February 2011 RCS & RDS launched mobile internet service in Hungary under the Digi Move brand. This service is run over Telenor Hungary's infrastructure.
- "RCS & RDS numeşte un vicepreşedinte de la una din companiile pe care le-a preluat" (in Romanian). money.ro. November 19, 2009. Archived from the original on April 16, 2013.
- "Despre RCS&RDS" (in Romanian). RCS & RDS.
- Adevărata faţă a conducerii RCS-RDS Archived 2013-06-09 at the Wayback Machine.
- Changes in the RCS&RDS shareholding structure, June 07, 2012, BR Business Review
- Company financial report for 2017
- http://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_Channels_on_RCS%26RDS List of Channels on RCS & RDS
- "ITU Operational Bulletin No. 1109". ITU. 1 October 2016. Retrieved 5 October 2016.